In-person verification solutions are unavailable until further notice as a result of the situation regarding COVID-19. Our mail-in service continues.
For up-to-date info on processing time, see Processing times.
With this web web page
- Check always whether your articles have to be authenticated
- Get the document translated
- Reasons we can not authenticate your document
- About to make use of your document in Canada?
- Processing times
- Provincial and territorial verification services
Authentication can be needed if your wanting to may use A canadian public document abroad. To be authenticated, your document must certanly be an initial document bearing an accepted signature (and seal, if relevant). Authentication shows that the signature together with seal regarding the document are genuine.
Far away, verification normally referred to as legalization or apostille.
Check always whether your write-ups have to be authenticated
Verify requirements by contacting the embassy, high payment, or consulate of this nation where your document will likely to be utilized:
Ensure you get your document translated
Is perhaps all or section of your document written in a language aside from English or French? In that case, you have to deliver an avowed, notarized interpretation along with it.
What’s a translation that is certified? It’s an interpretation that is certified with person in:
- the Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council, or
- an accepted translation association that is provincial
A translatorвЂ™s may be required by some countries affidavit. An affidavit must certanly be finalized and sealed by way of A canadian notary.
Exception: We do not require translations for Canadian university diplomas released in Greek or Latin.
Reasons we can’t authenticate your document
In writing if we cannot authenticate your document, we will inform you.
We can’t authenticate papers for the following reasons:
- papers with no initial signature or seal (as an example, ordinary photocopies)
- papers with unknown seals or with signatures we can not validate
- spiritual papers (as an example, baptismal certificates, spiritual wedding certificates, or any other papers issued by a religious organizations)
- papers released by unrecognized academic organizations
- glued papers
- laminated documents
- papers covered with any substance that could allow it to be hard to put a stamp to them
We could drop verification if:
- this content of the document is misleading
- the document or perhaps the verification procedure can be utilized for fraudulent, unlawful or deceptive purposes (we possibly may refer suspected situations of fraudulence can be called towards the appropriate police force authorities for research)
To be used in Canada, many papers do not require authentication. We only authenticate foreign general general general public papers that have now been finalized and sealed with a international embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada.
Confirm your document’s needs. Seek advice from the Canadian institution (e.g. Agency or university) asking for your document.
We try not to charge a cost to authenticate papers.
The processing that is current is:
20 company times
through the time the demand is brought to our workplace. You need to total up to 5 company times for mailing time.
We don’t provide expedited services so be sure to prepare your demand properly.
Processing can simply take much longer if:
- we have to contact you with questions regarding your demand
- we do not have a specimen (this is certainly, an illustration) for the signature on file (as an example, due to the fact document is old)
We will notify you on paper whenever we can not authenticate upon coming back your document.
Provincial and authentication that is territorial
Some provinces and regions offer verification solutions with regards to general public papers released inside their jurisdictions. These types of services run separately of this federal government of Canada.
Find more info in regards to the after provincial and territorial verification solutions:
Associated solutions and information
- Engaged and getting married outside Canada
- Statement instead of certification of non-impediment to wedding abroad
- Check out the status of the demand
- Reasons we can’t authenticate your document
- If you should be outside Canada
Global Affairs Canada Authentication Services Part (JLAC)125 Sussex Drive Ottawa, ON K1A 0G2Canada